Search This Blog

Tuesday, April 1, 2014

Little Explorer Toddler Vest with Babar Lining and Gusset Pockets

I am so excited about the sew-along on Alida Makes! It's called "Calling All Kids". It starts on April 7th, 2014. The theme is non-gender conforming clothing for children. I love this theme. It really is a challenge to find girl's clothing that isn't pink and glittery. That's one of the best things about sewing your own children's clothing, you are in charge from start to finish.

I decided to make something that has been on my radar for quite a while. I had some new fabric featuring Babar and I have always wanted to make the Little Explorer vest from Little Things To Sew by Oliver + S. I decided to make it happen in conjunction with this sew-along.

I am really lucky to have such a great place to explore right in my own backyard. I live on Whidbey Island and we have beach access behind my house where we happened upon some daffodils in the field. It was the perfect setting to show off this cute outfit.

The little explorer spies a patch of daffodils.

Maybe just one?

Okay maybe four...

We must continue the journey.

For more!

Off on another adventure...

No comments:

Post a Comment