Search This Blog

Saturday, April 12, 2014

Easter Toddler Bonnet for Kid's Clothes Week

This is my second project for Kid's Clothes Week, a bonnet I saw on the popular blog, Sew Mama Sew. The bonnet is originally by Martha Pullen, you can read more about her and the bonnet featured in the Sew Mama Sew article. They provide 2 sizes for the free tutorial, but I needed one for my toddler. I decided to wing it and after measuring my toddler's head in both directions, I decided to cut my rectangles 16 x 11. I kept the chin ties the same size. She has a 20" head circumference. It turned out great! I had to modify one of the last steps since I was not using bias trim. I had to fold the raw edges in and press before topstitching the long front edge closed.

Overall, I loved this pattern. It is cute and super easy. It pulls together quickly and with great results. It is much faster than the previous bonnet pattern I had been using with a separate pattern piece for the brim. I hope to make this bonnet again in a coordinating fabric for her Easter dress.




No comments:

Post a Comment